Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! - Here's to starting again

I have always found New Year's to be a rather arbitrary holiday, but I suppose that time ought to be marked in some fashion if we are ever going to manage to keep track of it, even though I am quite sure that it couldn't care less about being kept track of.

Also, it gives me an excuse to shamelessly steal a New Year's wish from Neil Gaimain and repost it here:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

The full entry, with references to previous entries, is here: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/12/wishes.html

And so, with the first decade of the 21st century out of the way, on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment